Friday 20 November 2015

Dreaming of Summer

 

These past few weeks felt like we are in the middle of winter. Heavy rains and cold winds resulted to us being sick. Yesterday was one of the best days though. The sun was shining and we made sure to make the most of it. Summer is my favourite season of the year.  We have been dreaming of summer all winter long and we seriously cannot wait. Only a few weeks left and although I will be working most of the time, seeing the sunrise while I walk to work or watch the sunset with my little one is enough for me. 
I am so grateful that we live right in front of the beach because we can just go whenever we feel like. I can tell that Kaelyn is excited for summer. She always asks me if we can go upstairs to play with her doll house but she ends up looking through the window. A month ago, my sister brought her to the beach. She had a project for one of her class and she made Kaelyn as her model I guess. Even though it was cold and windy, Kaelyn did not want to go home. I know how much she loves the beach. We were there practically everyday last summer and I think this will be the case this year too. 



A couple of weeks ago, Patrick set up her swimming pool and had a 30 minute playtime. Yes, only 30 minutes because the wind started to get cold and we had to abandon it. It was really short and yet Kaelyn couldn't stop talking about it. She always reminds me that we are going swimming soon as well as sleeping over at my parents house. When I told her that my sister is finished with her exams soon and that they are having a sleep over, she got really happy. It's all she ever talks about. 

The thing about living by the beach here in Wellington is that when it's hot, it is hot but when it's cold, it's definitely cold. That has been the case lately so all we ever do is watch by my office window. As much as I want to go to the beach and watch Kaelyn play with sand, I don't want to make our runny nose even runnier. If that even makes sense. We have been, well, I have been sick mostly for almost 3 weeks now and I am so over it. But hey, only a few more weeks until we have hot, sunshine-y weather everyday. Hopefully, that is. Not only that, few more weeks until Christmas. I mean, who wouldn't want to wear dresses, sun hats and their flip flops on Christmas day, right? Until then. Here's to hoping to see the sunshine soon.


 photo Danielle.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...