Wednesday 7 August 2013

Tuna and Cheese Pasta

Whenever I'm the only one at home, I like to experiment a little bit. I'm not a really good cook and I don't know all the things about food and cooking. I know how to cook most Filipino dishes but I'm limited to that. I am only good at eating (hehehe, who isn't?). But since I want to be a good housewife (house partner?), I want to expand my knowledge in cooking so I've been looking up recipes that I think I'd be able to do. The other day, I read something that I can use eggs as the base for my pasta. I was really intrigued because I'm used to having tomato sauce or cream as the base so I wanted to try it since I don't have cream.

Ingredients:

2 to 3 eggs 
your choice of pasta
tuna or any meat that you like
cheese
salt & pepper

Cook the pasta based on the packet's direction. When cooked, drain the water and turn off the heat. Whisk the eggs and mix it with the pasta. The noodles will cook the eggs because it's hot. Add another egg if you want it more creamier. Mix in the cheese and then the tuna. Put some salt and pepper to taste. 


It was good and Patrick liked it which was a really good. It's important for me that he likes what I cook because he will be the one eating it. He is also a picky eater so this was a good start. I love pasta and he likes egg and this dish is perfect for us.

I have now started compiling recipes. This is a good thing for me since I don't do much during the day. If it's not cooking, I'll be baking. I hope that by the end of the year, I can say to myself that I've improved my cooking skills. Please do comment of what you think. I am not good at explaining especially when it comes to cooking so tips would be really helpful. I hope you are having a good week.


post signature

8 comments:

  1. I'm not big on tuna but this does sound yummy...maybe with chicken?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will definitely work with chicken too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks good. Both of my children love pasta and I love the fact that this recipe has only a few ingredients that are ones usually already in the house anyway. Thanks. Pinned it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! If you're running out of ideas, or quite busy, this is an easy, quick food to make. :)

      Delete
  4. I cook this meal all the time :) Such a classic. I love your blog can't wait to read more - I just started following you on bloglovin :) follow me back? www.whips-and-furs.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much! Heading over to your blog now. :)

      Delete
  5. Tuna and cheese - yes please!

    Thanks for sharing the yummy recipe!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...