Wednesday 29 April 2015

Long Weekend Fun

It was a long weekend for us as the country celebrated 100 years of Anzac. Since some of our friends will be free, we decided to watch the Avengers movie on Saturday night. I asked my parents if Kaelyn could sleep over at their house for a few days and they couldn't be any happier. I thought we needed a break from our busy schedules and though I still worked over the weekend, it was nice to go home and go to sleep straight away without having to worry about anything.


After my shift on friday, we drove to Upper Hutt to drop off Kaelyn. She was crying hysterically when we left but they told me that she stopped eventually and started playing with them. It's a bit overwhelming leaving her but then we have to do it from time to time so she can be around other people. When we got home, I told myself that I will get things done but I only fell asleep. It was a long sleep, a very much needed one. We got to tidy up the house before leaving for the movie. We had dinner at Five Stags and watched the Avengers on front row seats. It was full house and it became a 3D experience for us. It was fun nonetheless. I slept for about 3 hours after that before I had to get up for work again.


While we were having a night out, Kaelyn is out with my parents enjoying herself too. They had lunch at Crabshack, walked around Wellington and visited the Gallipoli exhibit at the Museum although they said that she was sleeping half way through it.

Photo Credit: Ickel Bueno
Photo Credit: Ickel Bueno

Photo Credit: Ickel Bueno

Photo Credit: Ickel Bueno

Photo Credit: Ickel Bueno

So it wasn't us who had fun, clearly Kaelyn had the time of her life while she was with my parents. It was a good few days away from each other but it's hard not to miss this little one. As soon as I opened the door when we picked her up, she blurted out, hi! then she ran towards me. I know now the feeling of being a full time working mom but it's the little things like these that keeps me going. Life has it's little rewards, just look closer.

 photo Danielle.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...