Friday 9 May 2014

International Blog Swap 2014

I am fond of swapping and guest posting on different blogs. It makes me reach out on other readers from all over the world and get to know other people. Then just recently, I found this International Blog Day just a couple days before. I signed up and I am paired with this very lovely mom who loves to travel. I swear, I would love to be in her shoes and experience different culture. Here's a little bit about her.


My name is Ness and I am participating at the International Blog Swap. I blog at www.alwaysbeafriend.com. I am a stepmum to 2 grown up kids and nanny to a 3yrd old terror called Paige. She lights up our life with her silliness and her never ending energy. Crunchie is a chocolate labrador and keeps us on our toes and laughing constantly at her silly antics. I am a mobile hairdresser and I love my work. I know mad aren't I? I started blogging when we travelled to Australia in 2010/11. We stayed for 9 weeks covering north east to south west of the country and watched The Ashes. We got the bug and went back in 2013/14 for 6 weeks trying to see different places but also taking in The Ashes again. You can read all about what we got up to here http://alwaysbeafriend.com/our-travels/australia/. We love to travel and are off to Morocco in the next few days. I have been lucky to see so many places. the Gambia, Jamaica, Sri Lanka, to name a few. We're a sports mad family and enjoy watching football, rugby, cricket.
I like to share my recipes with my readers and was a junior champion cook, I put it all down to my mum and her wonderful cooking and being a good and patient teacher.
Now this recipe started off as shortbread but ended up more like digestives but totally yummy.

Ness's Shortestive Biscuits.
  1. Heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
  2. I use a food processor to beat the butter and the sugar together until smooth.

  3. Pulse the machine once you've added the flour to get a smooth paste. Turn on to a work surface and gently roll out until the paste is 0.5cm/ 1/4in thick.


  4. Cut into rounds and place onto a baking tray. Sprinkle with caster sugar and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.   

  5. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until pale golden-brown. Set aside to cool on a wire rack.


These biscuits looks delish and would definitely be a hit especially to my toddler. I am so happy to have been in this swap. You can check her out here and make sure to follow her and her adventures:


Lilypie First Birthday tickers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...