Tuesday 13 May 2014

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

A few weeks ago, Patrick bought a Hershey chocolate chip banana bread. We finished it that day and  been thinking of how I'd be able to recreate it. I'm not entirely a fan of banana breads because the last time I ate one, it tasted bitter for some reason. I never ate again until the day he bought one. When I saw our ripe bananas today, I knew I had to try and make it. It might fail but at least I tried. I looked up recipes that had ingredients that I have and are easy enough to make. I saw Rachel Ray's website, read the recipe start pulling out ingredients.

You can see her recipe here. The only thing I changed was put 3/4 cup of chocolate chips instead of 1 cup because I thought it's too sweet. 


I forgot that my oven heats up pretty quickly so my loaf ended up having crunchy edges. I took it out at the 60 minute mark and it still had crunchy edges but the inside is soft and very moist. I loved the edges though. It came out perfectly even though it's the first time I did it. And it was pretty close to the one that Patrick bought. He liked it too and it's on his "Patrick approved list". It's a must try recipe. If you try it, let me know what you think. 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...