Wednesday 2 April 2014

Meal Planning Woes

Whenever I get the chance to sit down and be on the computer, one of the things that I make sure to finish is look up for recipes and do the meal plan for the week. I try to do this every friday or saturday so that when I do grocery on sunday, I won't miss out on ingredients. I'm decent at cooking but I don't know many recipes and I'm not good with sauce combos and what not so I always browse and browse. I get inspirations from blogs that I follow, Pinterest and a few other websites. I have seen quite a lot of recipes I want to try. The only thing is that my partner dislikes veggies. When I say dislike, he absolutely hates it and knows if there's one in the food. The only veggies he eat are potato and sometimes, carrots. He always insists not to put veggies on the food that I cook. Of course, I still do and I put quite a lot for me and Kaelyn. I'm always working around on how he won't be able to taste the veggies that much. 


I am still experimenting and choosing what to cook carefully because there are just some that he doesn't like. Every after our meal, I ask him whether he likes me to cook that again or not and I write it down so I won't forget. It takes up a lot of time planning and cooking everyday and so, I'm thinking of dedicating one day to cook all the food for the week and just leave them on the fridge. I have seen his mom do this and I thought, that seems to be a good idea. I'm just not quite sure how I'd do it since Kaelyn clings around and wants me to play with her every second. It does give me a lot of time  to spare through the week if I do it. What do you guys think? Would you rather cook everything in one go or cook every night?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...