Friday 17 January 2014

Aftermath of the Fever

Good news: Baby K's fever is gone. Bad news: She's got rashes all over her body. Has anybody heard of Roseola Infantum? Apparently, that's what she has now. I called the nurse last night because we noticed red spots on her chest and back area. Based on my description, the nurse said that it is roseola and that it is common on babies 6 months to 3 years of age. It is so weird because it's the first time I have heard of it. I am on the look out because it should be gone by tomorrow because if it isn't, then it might be some serious disease e.g. measles and we'll be running to the doctors by then.

I'm a little scared because when her grandma saw it last night, she immediately said that it could be measles. I did some research because of that and I am hoping that it isn't measles. Remember she started having fever on monday night? It was gone by yesterday and the rashes popped up that night. I told the nurse that Kaelyn has been teething. I immediately blamed teething for her fever but he instantly snapped "we don't associate teething into fever". Really? But how come she always have fever when her tooth cuts? That's what I have been told too by other mommies. Anyway, she's been active since yesterday. She's been playing and what not. Although, she is still VERY clingy. She gets moody at times too. I think it's time to visit again the doctor tomorrow. Fingers crossed it's nothing serious. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...