Friday 4 October 2013

October Daily - Day 4



More about blogging it today's October Daily. It says, share your experience during your first few weeks/months of blogging. Reading this makes me laugh because I remember how clueless I was about the blogosphere. Before I had this blog, I only had tumblr and all I did was pour my emotions there and post/reblog pictures. I did not know how extensive blogging can be.

The very first platform I knew was WordPress because one of my friends have one and I have been reading hers so I tried that one for a couple of days. I then encountered Bloggy Moms in one of the blogs that I have read and there, I found out about blogger and how versatile it is regarding on widgets. There were so many things I wanted to know to be able to keep up with the blogging world and I didn't know where to start. I was so overwhelmed. Whenever I go to someone else's page, I always thought, wow they are so good. They can do all that and write all that. I always wondered if I'll be able to get there. You know, have a lot of readers who really cared about what you write. I was scared and a little hesitant on whether I should continue on blogging. I was also worried on whether I will be able to have a blog while do my mommy duties. I found myself almost clicking the delete button of the blog a few times but I didn't. I thought, there's no harm in giving it a try.

I was able to write in the first few weeks of my blogging and I  think it wasn't bad as I thought it would be. I was able to do it almost every day and had so many ideas on what I could blog. The problem I had was that I wasn't good at html and css and I wanted my blog to look very cute and presentable to everyone. I was in google and youtube every day/night looking for tutorials and tips on how to design my blog and what not. It was very confusing but I tried my best to understand it. Up until now, I still don't know how it works but I managed to get my blog up and running. 

A few months into blogging and I think I'm getting there. Before, I never knew how other bloggers did that or have that in their blog but now, I'm getting the hang of it. I never knew how fun blogging could be. I even get to meet other bloggers who are very nice to me and makes every post worth posting. 


3 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to the HTML problems...when I first started (and even now) Google was my best buddy. I STILL steer clear of anything CSS related...LOL

    You site looks great though so you must have gotten the hang of it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. With the help of google, I was able to find a way to make things work. Google is my best buddy right now! :)

      Delete
  2. I've never done WordPress so have no idea how it works on that end but I'm in love with blogger. Blogger has really been great to me. I've also met quite a lot of people while blogging as well. Your site has surely evolved since I first started visiting and I must say that I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...