Thursday 3 October 2013

Chocolate Cupcake with Caramel Filling & Buttercream Frosting

I haven't baked in a while and yesterday, my hands were itching to bake so I looked for an easy recipe that I could do. I saw a salty caramel cupcake recipe but I did not have some of the ingredients required. I decided to just do a chocolate cupcake with caramel inside and a buttercream frosting.

I have been looking for a simple yet moist and yummy chocolate cupcake and I think I have found it when I did this cupcake. I used the recipe from Joy of Baking. It's simple yet very good. I baked the cupcakes as directed on the recipe. After baking, I let the cupcakes cool while I do the caramel filling. I adapted the recipe from Best Recipes


Caramel Filling Recipe:

75g Butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp milk

Melt the butter in the pan. Add brown sugar and mix. Add the milk and mix until the consistency is smooth. 

It's a very easy and quick recipe and I tell you, it's very addicting. When the filling is done, I started to carve out the middle of the cupcakes. Not too deep, just enough so that there's a fair amount of caramel inside the cupcake. I then put some caramel filling into the cupcake, discarding the bit of cupcake that was removed (or you can always eat it, no one will know *wink*). When all the cupcake has the caramel filling, I started to whip up the buttercream frosting. I used the recipe from Chelsea Sugar but instead of using the whole lot, I halved the recipe. I ran out of butter so I didn't had any choice. It still turned out okay. It wasn't too sweet which is always a plus. Shelby had this idea to just put the frosting in the area where the caramel filling is to cover it up which I think is a good idea. She piped it using a piping bag, without a tip because we can't find the tips. It still turned out well in my opinion. 


We tried it and gave it to everyone and they told me that it's pretty good. I love how the caramel tasted good with the chocolate cupcake. It's now my new favourite recipe. I think I did a good job despite using and mixing different recipe. What do you think? 

2 comments:

  1. They look exquisite! I love the new url name btw :] I'm excited to see all the baking you do in the upcoming months in light of the holiday season! I bet you're gonna take the cake..ha, ha..lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Haha! I've been listing all the recipes of what I want to bake when the holidays come. I'm so excited but nervous at the same time. They might not turn out the way I want them too, hahaha!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...