Tuesday 10 February 2015

She Finally Said It!

When it comes to teaching Kaelyn, there will be times that it will be quick and easy but there's also moments that it will take a while before she gets it. The first few months that Patrick started working, I noticed how he always missed her. He worked really early or comes home really late so their bonding time is usually limited to his days off. I thought talking about him and teaching her "daddy" would be a good way to make up for it and that's why her first few words were "papa", "daddy".


It was really overwhelming when she said that and I could see how happy Patrick was. Since then, I often called him daddy so she knows him as her daddy. I guess that's why she rarely said mama or mommy. But then I couldn't really complain since we're always together. And then she grew up, learned more words and yet she still rarely said mama or mommy. Whenever she sees Patrick's shoes or clothes or anything that belongs to him, he always says it's daddy's. When it comes to my stuff, she just smiles. It's sort of making me jealous until recently she shouted MOMMY. We were playing peek-a-boo and out of nowhere, she said that. I swear, my heart melted. Now, she kept saying it over and over again. I don't get tired of hearing it and I'll never will. It's the cutest thing ever. I waited months and months for this. 


How could you not want to hear her call you mommy after all these time. Before, she just usually mumble or pull my hand if she wants something. Now, she actually calls me mommy and then tries to explain what she wants. Kaelyn is such a clutch baby. Last year I thought she won't be able to walk on her birthday but she did a month before. Now she can say mommy and a number of words just before her birthday. She's always on that last minute just like me when it comes to projects in school (LOL). But anyway, that's probably the best valentine's gift. Speaking of, what are your plans this valentine's day? Anything special? I hope it's a good one!

 photo Danielle.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...