Wednesday 17 September 2014

Navigating Emotions for Parents - Ebook Review


Have you ever had one of those days when you couldn't handle all the tantrums of your little ones and you  ended up having an emotional breakdown? There will be times that we, parents, tend to be too emotional or even too angry when things don't go our way. I, for one, gets annoyed when the house is a mess and I still have work to do. I end up getting mad because nothing is done which makes everything worse. Not only it that it doesn't help with the current situation but also scares my daughter. There was a time that I got mad at my partner because of a certain thing and I raised my voice and my daughter cried thinking that I was scolding her. The way we handle our feelings affects the people around us especially our kids. 


Photo courtesy of presence parenting.com
Amy Phoenix has written an  ebook called Navigating Emotions for Parents which tackles on how to express your feeling in a way that it won't hurt those that are around you. It shows different scenarios which are commonly seen at home, and then it has a responsive action - the one that you will normally do and the alternative, much better one.  It has different ways on how to control or prevent your anger. It also has different exercises to make yourself feel calmer and be able to handle things in a non stressful way. I have applied a couple of them lately. Sometimes, I just reach to a point where I feel like I can't handle it anymore. Instead of being furious or upset, I now try to read and remember what's on the ebook and apply it. It not only helps you feel better and less stressed, but it makes the people around you feel safe. I know my daughter gets scared when she feels that I'm starting to get mad so I try to do a different approach. I don't want her to feel scared and unsafe around me. From my experience, the exercises that I've tried so far has been a great help.

This ebook is worth your read. It's very informative and helpful. It's only $2.99 on Presence Parenting with Amy Phoenix plus it's very handy. It can be on your laptop or tablet. So if you're having problems or you just feel like you're hurting your loved ones with your actions, you should check this out. 

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.


 photo sig.jpg
Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...