Wednesday, 23 April 2014

Asbestos Awareness

Have you heard of Mesothelioma? It is cancer caused by being exposed to asbestos. This can still be found in a lot of buildings, homes, and schools so you might be exposed to asbestos and you just don't know it. Inhalation of asbestos fibres causes the "inflammation of the tissue" therefore upsetting the function of the organ. 

Symptoms of Mesothelioma can occur years later which means that everyone needs to be aware of this. My good friend, Heather, was diagnosed with mesothelioma in 2005, just after a few months  of giving birth to her daughter. She is one of the lucky survivors and she wants to spread awareness about this and how being exposed to asbestos is bad for us. You can read more of Heather's story by clicking here.  Unfortunately, asbestos isn't banned but spreading awareness about it is already a big help. You'll never know, you can help save someone's life. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...