Tuesday 25 June 2013

So Much Pain

Since saturday, my wisdom tooth has started hurting. I realised that it started to come out of the gums which explains the pain. Now, I can barely open my mouth. I'm having a hard time to eat as well. I have no idea what to do. I am looking for safe home remedies just to ease the pain for the mean time. I am just a little cautious because I am breastfeeding and I've read that some aren't safe if you're breastfeeding. I want to go to the dentist to get it checked and see what can be done but I can't yet. My partner said that I need to wait for a couple of weeks so he can make sure that he will have enough money if ever it needs to get extracted. 

I have been searching online how much they extraction are and wow, they are pretty expensive. I'm not sure how long I can go on with this. But the thing that concerns me more is that, is it safe to get an extraction while breastfeeding? Also, is it okay to breastfeed baby even if I'm in pain from my wisdom tooth? I am just so confused because I don't want to do anything that might affect baby K. Any thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. It is totally safe but let him know that you are breastfeeding. Every time you go to the doctor always let them know that you are breastfeeding so they can modify what medication they give to you. Some are safe to use when breastfeeding while others are not. Hope you get some relief soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I have an appointment with the dentist on monday. I can't wait to get it checked. :)

      Delete
  2. I had pain meds after my c-sections while I was breastfeeding my boys. They can give you meds that will be fine. I had to have all of my wisdom teeth taken out and so did my husband. I hope you feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, that's a relief then. I am now looking for home remedies that can help me ease the pain for the meantime while waiting for monday's check up. Thanks a lot! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...