Tuesday 15 July 2014

What is Wrong My Daughter

After a somewhat depressing weather yesterday, the sun is shining out today. It's still cold and windy but no rain. This morning, we were at the playgroup. We arrived a few minutes early so got some books to read. When the singing and dancing started, she watched while I guide her how to do the actions. It was going really well. Usually, she'll be going around the library, or reading some books while the other kids sing or she'll be up at front dancing. It's usually like that. Today, it's a different story.

I don't even know how to explain because I just couldn't believe it. You see, there's this little girl. She's very pretty, and is about two years old. Since they arrived at the library, she kept looking at Kaelyn. I have no idea why but it looked to me as if she wanted to be friends but too shy. Kaelyn randomly went up to her and started to touch her face. I told her to be careful. She then kept doing it until she slapped her in the face while screaming. I was horrified. I took her and told her it's bad and not to do it again. When she seemed okay, I let her walked around again. She immediately ran to the girl and did the same thing. I took her out and we just went home. I was so embarrassed. I never thought I'd have to deal with something like it. I kept talking to her, asking what's wrong but she just kept looking away. I don't see why she'd be like that. It's the first time that they saw each other. That didn't stop there either. When she woke up from her nap late in the afternoon, I gave her a snack like what I always do. I have been trying to be consistent with the routine. She threw away the food and started screaming. She picked up some of her toys and threw them on the floor. I thought, what the heck is wrong with my kid.

The scenario kept replaying in my head the whole day.  I was starting to feel depressed and angry at myself. The parents who were there looked at me with disgust. It's like they are telling me that I don't discipline my daughter well. Oh, I have been disciplining her right. I am trying to teach her what's right and what's wrong. We are together 24/7 and I have seen pretty much every mischievous act that she knows but not this one. I never saw it coming. Where would she even learn how to do that. Tell me I'm not the only one who experienced this. Anyone?


 photo sig.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...