Thursday 5 June 2014

Green Juice + Coconut Macaroons Recipe

Green juice is an addiction in our household. It isn't because it seems to be the "in" thing lately. My only reason for it because it's delicious and it's the only way that Baby K gets to have her veggies. She is starting to be a little stubborn when it comes to eating her vegetables when she used to love it before. So my answer to that is the mighty green juice. She likes it (as long as there's a little sweetness to it). She even drinks my one after she's finished hers.

On today's post, I'll be sharing with you my favourite recipe that I found on The Gracious Pantry. I have been looking and trying out green juices for months now and this one is my favourite. Plus there will be a treat recipe afterwards. 

The recipe for the juice is fairly simple. All you need are:

1 cup unsweetened almond milk (I used whole milk)
1 cup spinach
1 medium banana (I only used half a banana because Kaelyn ate half of it)
1 tbsp peanut butter
1/2 vanilla extract

You just have to blend and voila, it's done. It's delicious and refreshing and Kaelyn loves it so I'm not complaining. And for the sweet treat, it's Coconut Macaroons. It's one of my favourite snack back home and being able to make it myself is just amazing. I was actually practicing how to bake french macarons but Patrick confused macarons for macaroons. And after a failed first try, I thought why not try baking macaroons instead. I always thought that it's hard to make since it has coconut in it but no. It's very quick and easy. I used the recipe I found on Kawaling Pinoy. 

Ingredients:
1/3 cup butter, sorted
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 can condensed milk
1/2 cup flour
2 cups desiccated coconut
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

First, you have to cream the butter using a hand mixer. Add sugar and continue beating until it becomes fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, while beating continuously. Add the condensed milk and vanilla extract and mix well. In another bowl, combine the flour and coconut. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and beat until combined. Scoop into lined mini muffin pans and bake 350F for `5 to 20 minutes or until it becomes golden brown. 


I'm trying not to eat all the macaroons cause they're just so good. Patrick was surprised when he came home to freshly baked coconut macaroons. He thought I couldn't make it, I thought so too. Try it and let me know how it goes. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...