Friday 1 November 2013

Our First Halloween

Happy Halloween y'all! How was everyone's night? I hope it turned out well. Ours, well, it didn't go as planned. We were meant to go to family friends' houses to go trick or treating but the weather was horrible so it was cancelled. I decided that I will just dress up baby K and head over to my dad's birthday dinner instead. It was easier said than done. My dear partner came home from work at nearly 6:30 in the evening and instead of starting to get ready, he sat down and watched TV. That's where I knew this night is going to be a long night. 

I know he is tired from working overtime and what not but we discussed about this even before October started. I told him what is going to happen and said yes. I kept reminding him through out the month and kept telling me he understood. Clearly, he didn't. I ate dinner because I knew we'll be very late. After watching TV, he asked me to cut his hair. I was annoyed but I just did it to get it over with. He had lots of demand, this and that then he told me, tell them we'll arrive at roughly 8:30pm. That's where I got so annoyed because it is meant to be a dinner and we were meant to be there early. I got so annoyed, I cut his hair in a style that he didn't like. I know I went overboard ( or not, I don't really care) but he just pissed me off. He got mad, so I left him there and went downstairs. I changed baby K into her costume and tried to take good pictures of her, although I can see that she wasn't feeling it. 




She was so adorable though because it fits her perfectly. I will just have to do a photo shoot of her in that panda suit soon to make it up. I don't want to waste the cute onesie. Anyway, it took him an hour just to have a shower. After, he wanted to dress up in a panda onesie too but I thought it was pointless since we aren't going trick or treating anymore. He then started threatening me that I don't love him if I don't wear a onesie too, bla bla bla. It was so annoying and I just did it for him to stop. It took him another hour just to get ready. We left the house at 8.30pm and baby K has started feeling sleepy already. When we arrive there, they already had dinner, which was understandable and baby K was very grumpy. She was sleeping when we arrive but I think she got startled and woke up. She was grumpy and didn't want to be with anyone but me. No one could carry her because she will just cry hysterically. 

Dad blew his birthday candles shortly after we ate so we could all have desserts. Since I wasn't able to buy him a gift, I just brought wine and baked chocolate crinkles and cinnamon rolls. My sister also made banoffee pie and then there's his red velvet cake. 




I was disappointed because not only I wasn't able to buy him a gift but baby K wasn't in a good mood too. We rarely go to my parent's house and it's always like that. I tried everything just to make her happy but it wasn't working until it was almost 11pm. She started smiling at them but still did not want to be carried. The only time that they saw her crawl was when she was crawling towards me, crying. She did play with my sisters a bit though. 


We left at 12:30 am because baby K has started her tantrums again which meant she wants to sleep. It was a very tiring night. I felt very sleepy when we came home. After putting her to sleep, I fell asleep straight away. I'm sad that our night didn't go that well but I can't do anything about it now. I just hope that next year is better. I can't blame my daughter for behaving that way though. It's understandable because she's around people whom she rarely sees and she was sleepy. My partner though, ah I don't even want to say anything. I hope you all had a good night and got some good treats. Happy Halloween, from my family to yours. 


Lilypie First Birthday tickers

2 comments:

  1. oh no!! sometimes it just doesn't work out as planned. I always feel like when I look forward to something for too long when the day finally comes it backfires and everything goes wrong. Your pictures are cute! I hope you have a better day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I was too excited that everything did backfired. I'll never be excited for anything anymore. Hehe.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...