Friday 6 September 2013

Throwback Thursday - Vacation 2012

It's Throwback Thursday everyone. I know this is a couple of days late and I apologise for that. When I'm sick, I have this pounding head ache which stays on for the whole day. The weather is not very cooperative too. It is meant to be spring but the weather shows otherwise. It's been so cold and rainy which makes it very hard for me to get better. 



The other day,  I was talking to Patricia about vacations and what not and I remembered that I haven't been on a vacation in a while. The last time was during the new year of 2012. My family and some family friends went on a road trip. We stayed in a family park located in the middle of nowhere where there's no cellphone reception. 


It was a three day trip of no reception and bad weather. That was the only bad thing during that holiday but everything else was pretty good. The firs thing we did was go to Hobbiton. If you are a fan of J.R.R. Tolkien and The Lord of the Rings movie, this is where The Hobbit movie was shot. Cool right?

Photo Credit: Cristina Bueno

The tour guide showed us what scene was shot in a certain place, whose house is who and so much more. It was really cool even though I must say, I haven't watched the movie. I just know about the hobbits and such. I really should get into that. After enjoying the Hobbiton, we visited a few museums, went to a Trout Museum,  ate at a Prawn Park and went to Mount Ruapehu. I finally got to visit Ruapehu. It is one of the ski mountain in New Zealand. We went during summer time so obviously, there wasn't much snow. 

Photo Credit: Cristina Bueno
I am not sure what that ride was called but we were able to go sight seeing because of it. I was too scared to take a picture while I was on that ride because I was worried that I might drop my camera and that would be just sad. We were able to see stunning views though. 

Photo Credit: Cristina Bueno

Photo Credit: Cristina Bueno

Photo Credit: Cristina Bueno

Before heading back home, we were also able to do Ice Skating and do river rafting, jump on a cliff, and swim.

Photo Credit: Cristina Bueno

Photo Credit: Cristina Bueno

It was a really fun experience.  If you are an adventurous type of person, you'll definitely enjoy doing these sort of things. I can't wait to go on another vacation. Now that we're heading to Spring and Summer soon, I wonder what we'll be doing this year. Of course it will be a little different this year since Baby K is here. It will definitely be baby friendly. Maybe we'll just visit some festivals, enjoy the sun or go to the beach. I can't wait for summer. I hope you all enjoyed your summer!


2 comments:

  1. Summer wasn't too bad here but we didn't really do much. We had plans to do things but because of my job a lot of things fell through. How awesome that you got to go to Hobbiton. I saw the movie and would so love to visit. Hope you're having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's no good. I hope your next summer would be better. More job means more money to save for a vacation, right? You'll really enjoy Hobbiton. It was a lot of fun. Have a great day! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...