Friday 12 July 2013

Tiring Week

As you have noticed, I haven't posted for a couple of days. That's because baby Kaelyn has been fussy lately. I am not quite sure why and I'm still figuring out up until now. She sleeps for about 7-8 hours at night which is good but during the day, she just won't. She chooses to play and she always wants to be with me. She cries instantly whenever I put her on her crib. It's not really a cry that she needs something but a cry that she just wants your attention. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be with her and play with her all time but it's just exhausting. And to top that off, I barely get anything done.

At first, I thought something was wrong with her. Since the beginning of the week, she has been trying to lift her head while lying on her back as if she wants to stand up. I thought it was a little weird because won't she hurt her neck or back? I also thought maybe something is in pain that's why she was doing it. Yesterday, I decided to call the Plunket nurse to ask and they told me that it is normal for them. to do it. The nurse said that as long as I'm not forcing her to do it, it's okay. I'm so relieved to hear that. I now know that nothing's wrong with her. However, I'm still curious on why she's been fussy. She's not normally like this and then I just remembered about wonder weeks. Have you heard what that is? I am not entirely sure what that is and if that is really accurate. I have read a lot about it on other forums and they have been talking that in some weeks, called the wonder weeks, babies learn about new things which cause them to be fussy or have mood swings. I am not really sure about it but I downloaded this app, "The Wonder Weeks" and it shows me what leap she is now and apparently, this week is a 'stormy' period. If you want to know what it really is, here is the link: The Wonder Weeks

I just want it to be over. I love my daughter to bits but sometimes, you just get too tired and you're not sure what to do anymore. It frustrates me because I still don't know what she really wants after trying  almost everything and she's still not happy. We all go through this stage, right? Even though I'm tired, I'm still happy that she's making me happy with her laughs every once in a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...