Wednesday 6 November 2013

Eight Months Already

Another month has come and gone. We are now only weeks away until Christmas. When I went to the mall the other day, I saw that their christmas decors are up and christmas sales are already running. It is one of my favourite seasons and this time, it's even more exciting because it is Baby K's first christmas. I have been looking for a perfect christmas dress for her. Of course, I want it to be a memorable christmas for her and I know that she will be the centre of attention for sure. She will be nine months then and I won't be surprised if she'll be able to walk a little on her own. All her firsts are very exciting.

Yesterday, Baby K turned 8 months. I've been taking care of little miss show off for eight months now. The year has been definitely too fast since she came. She has been prone to accidents lately and I'm getting more paranoid each day. I know, one of these days, I'll be bringing her to the doctors just to check that she's okay. She's been bumping and falling constantly when she gets out of balance. The reason, she stand up too much. Once she sees something that interests her, she will crawl to that object, play with it a bit and try to stand up. Most of the time, it's okay but there are times that you won't really see it coming and she will fall. I spend my whole day running after her to make sure she's okay. You'd probably laugh if you see me in action. Apart from that, she has also developed a love for  strawberries and everything that is sweet. There are times that it will take me a while to feed her because I usually forget to get her water and because of that, she has learned how to pick up her own food. 

Photo Credit: Patricia Esparas
Photo Credit: Patricia Esparas
Although, it is understandable because she grabs everything that she can reach. Her love for iPads/iPhones, etc hasn't gone away. In fact, her demands for it increased this month. She instantly turns her attention to anything that plays videos. She has also learned how to shake her head and use it as a signal that she doesn't like it. When I was feeding her and she just decides that she doesn't want it anymore, she shakes her head. It's so cute although I'm not happy about her not finishing her food. 

"Oh what is this?"
"Can I have it, Mommy?"
"Let me taste it"
One major milestone that she reached on her seventh month is her first word. Yes, she has already said her first word. She said it last tuesday, in front of me and her daddy and guess what it was. It was papa! I was so happy because she is so adorable repeating it but annoyed at the same time. C'mon, we're together 24/7 and she never tried saying mama. I'm overly jealous but seeing her dad jumping with joy is enough for me. It is now my goal to video her saying it because she burst it out randomly and when I start filming, she will smile and stop. She has already said gigi, dada, didi. She is just adorable and I can't wait for her to talk bit by bit. Sometimes, it seems like she's saying something to us. I can't even put to words how adorable it is. I'm excited on what she's going to show me this month.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

6 comments:

  1. Eight months went too fast! She is so adorable I could just eat her up! I am a total paranoid freak too- these babies are bumping into everything and anything. How many times can they bump their heads until you need to worry? I'm always wondering lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right. She seems okay though but it just worries me if she really is okay. I'm such a paranoid freak! haha!

      Delete
  2. There will be lots of falls but it gets better. You will get used to it. I remember Madison fell quite a few times until she got the hang of walking around on her own. I can't believe she's 8 months already. I remember when she was a newborn. Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's just part of growing up right? She won't learn unless she keeps trying. Hope you had a great weekend! Hi to Madison for me!

      Delete
  3. If you don't blog again soon I might cry! Hurry up! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! I just blogged one tonight! I will post more just for you! lol <3

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...