Sunday, 19 April 2015

Life Update

Life is crazy busy lately but I'm finally on my day off so I thought I'd do a little update. I do get two day offs, don't get me wrong. I just get tired so quickly that I tend to sleep once I've finished all the things I have to do when I get home. Sometimes I even sleep a bit earlier than Kaelyn does. Luckily, Patrick's always there to look after her. 



I've had this job since early December but I've only been full time for about a month and a half now. I have been learning how to make coffee and be a good barista since then. It's been one of the things that I've been wanting to learn but had no idea where to start other than taking a short course. I don't have money for studying at the moment so I was really happy when the former RM asked me if I wanted to be a barista. Of course that involved waking up early and learning how to make the food cabinet but I was still ecstatic. Every hard work pays off in the end, right? It's not easy and I'm still not good with coffees. I still make mistakes, customer sometimes complain, I'm still a bit slow but I'm trying really hard. I want to be good and be fast. Mistakes are inevitable but I guess that's how I  will learn.


I'm at work for eight hours and gets home in the afternoon. Patrick tells me how Kaelyn always misses me so they visit me at work and sometimes waits for me to finish. I still find it odd that I'm not the one who cooks her breakfast nor the one who struggles to during nap time. When I get home, she is either asleep or has just woken up. And when it's time for bedtime, I sometimes fall asleep first. That's how tired I get that's why I try to spend lots of time with her when I get home and on my day off. I now know how other parents feel when they have to work all day. It's hard to be a working parent, but I know I have to. Whenever I'm not having a good day, I just remind myself that I'm doing this for my daughter and my family. But despite having a busy life, we still try to have family activities and have fun. Before summer season ended, we joined the color run and it was so much fun and just recently, my sisters slept over at our house. Kaelyn also had a playdate with TJ. They did not get along well in the beginning but they started to play eventually.


I miss being home with Kaelyn all day but that's not how our life works now. I'm still hoping to be able to work from home full time someday but for the mean time, this will have to do. Besides, it will give me more work experience which is really helpful. How has life been for you lately? I hope you're well and I promise I will try and keep writing.


 photo Danielle.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...